20.1.10

Thanks be to God, I'm feeling better today....

The cold that I've caught (thanks Mom and Dad!) doesn't seem to be that bad... or at least the Mucinex and the Neti Pot that I've used, and the elderberry and zinc lozenges seems to have helpd my symptoms somewhat. I'm still really tired, but I found some new products that at least will help me in my quest to stay hydrated. These electrolyte tablets don't taste that horrible, and I have found an electrolyte packed gel made by PowerBar, that though I don't like the taste so much, is less than 1.5 oz and is somewhat more palatable than Gatorade (which I don't like at all) with similar electrolyte levels as Gatorade. Drinking alot of water today, along with these electrolyte replacements, has helped me to feel somewhat better, though I suspect that I will be exhausted for several days.

I have found that singing is much more difficult now, as I had my first voice lesson today since my diagnosis (and my first one since the symptoms became really bad). I had to sit for the whole lesson, and I don't have as much air as I used to. I also get somewhat dizzy more quickly, and for most of the lesson my hands and mouth were tingling. This, perhaps, along with the brain fogs, is the most distressing symptom of POTS for me, as singing and music is my life. Having to leave organ practice early yesterday and having so many symptoms during my voice lesson today has really distressed me, and I am trying very hard to not be down by this. The palpations, tachycardia, dizziness, exhaustion, chest pains... most of those are just annoyances... they bother me, but not so much. The fact that I can't sing... I should love the God of gifts more than the gifts of God... and I want to, but it is taking a while more for my mind to catch up to my will. Please God, help me!

I am glad that I have the next few days off from school... I go back on Monday, and the only things I have planned until then is a choir practice tomorrow, and Saturday and Sunday at Church, though those plans aren't written in stone, as I don't know if I will be able right now to do that then. I am glad that I have to slow down and not plan everything to a 't', as that takes much pressure off of me.... it's a miracle that it doesn't bother me any more than it is that I can't plan everything out. That's one good thing that I can say about POTS. Another is the tag that hangs from my rearview mirror that enables me to park in reserved spots, that without I wouldn't even be able to attend school, as walking from the very back of the parking lot (which fills up very early) would exhaust me so much that I would be worthless in class. Praise God for small miracles!

No comments: