17.1.10

Sit, kneel, stand

Today at both services was bad as far as the presyncope and other symptoms go. It wasn't so bad at Divine Liturgy, because except for the consecration and a couple other parts of the service, I stayed seated. Even doing that, though, had me exhausted. Somehow, though, I found the strength (or rather, I was given the strength) to make it through Latin Mass. There is much more sitting, standing, and kneeling there, and again, though I sat through most of the kneeling (and standing) parts, I was so exhausted that when the choir practiced some after the Mass, I sat the whole time. In fact, I was so tired on the drive home that I was concerned how I was going to make the 45 minute drive back. But, make it back home I did. I have been told that with POTS, the quality of life and level of disability is similar to that of congestive heart failure or COPD. I'd believe it, and I have a new-found respect for those who suffer with those illnesses.

I was going to write something else about how POTS affects me, but the brain fog (yet another symptom of POTS) is really bad when I get tired, so... gah, I'll leave it here.

No comments: