18.1.10

Another early to bed, but late to rise

I zonked out on the couch at about 6:30 last night... at about 7:30, my mom moved me to my bed... and I didn't wake up until about 8:30 this morning. I still am tired, and now I'm really sore (more so than usual) from laying down for so long. But I'd be terribly exhausted if I hadn't slept that much. I really need to learn how to pace myself, and more importantly to say no, even to things that I really, really want to do. I am just glad that school is out today (thank you Martin Luther King, Jr.... not just for my day off from school, but for everything else that you endured and suffered for the sake of your fellow man). I am close to reaching a very agonizing decision, and that's whether or not to only go to one Eucharistic Service on Sundays... Divine Liturgy or Extraordinory Form, because even with the modifications I've found that helps me get through, I am still very exhausted on Sunday evenings, and sometimes Mondays. This is an extremely agonizing decision to make, since I do enjoy and love participating in both. Also, I am somewhat needed to sing at both (yes, they would survive without me, but I know that when I'm not there that I'm very much missed). Also, minus the music, I have become close to both communities, and I consider most people at both places close friends. Some have even become like family to me.

I am trying to take everything one day at a time, and I know that whatever decision I make, it isn't set in stone--that it can be changed depending on how I'm feeling. I just can't imagine not having both to attend on my Sundays.

I have made my school schedule (which I finally start back tomorrow!!!) to where I don't start my first class until 11:00 am, and where I have only two very busy days (everything is in the same building, thank God), and one day (my organ lesson) where I have only one class. That happens to be the same day where I have scheduled practice time only 5 miles away. The bad part about the practice place is that the organ is in the choir loft, up a flight of stairs. I also have an overactive bladder, and the bathroom is down in the basement, so if I should have to use the restroom during practice, that involves 4 flights of stairs. Oh well, I'll just eat extra salt and pray to whichever patron saint is responsible for kidneys. I know my professor at my 11:00 am class isn't extremely concerned about attendance (he doesn't like people to miss class, but he understands that one's health or the health of someone's child is more important than even a final in his class, and will reschedule to to best of his ability), so I am not too concerned if on Monday morning I can't get out of bed. As long as I e-mail him the same day, he won't be either. I just hope that I know someone in that class well enough to take notes for me if and when I can't make it.

I am also considering taking advantage of the student disability services, perhaps to have a note-taker or a tutor (only if I need it), because there are days the brain fog is so bad that I can barely remember my name. If I have to take the stairs, then it's that much worse, plus I'm usually shaking too much to write legibly for at least the first half-hour of class. I do have a handicap tag that I'm sure will get much use at school, because even walking across the parking lot scares me... I don't want to faint (and there are many bad drivers where I live... being run over by a car isn't something that I want to experience). Plus, after all of that extertion, I am pretty much useless when it comes to academics.

Oh well... Thankfully I am feeling... well, never normal, but somewhat more functioning that usual right now. I'm going to take advantage of that and buy some school supplies.

No comments: