19.1.10

Scary moment today...

whilst driving. I had an organ lesson, and then afterwards I was supposed to practice for 3 hours... unfortunately I could only practice for one hour, since I was feeling very POTSy... but that wasn't the end of the scary moments. It was 45 minutes drive home, and about 20 minutes into the drive, I had to pull over on the side of the rode, since I was having severe chest pains, shortness of breath and was very light-headed. I thought that I was going to just stay there for a few minutes, until the symptoms passed, but 15 minutes later, when the State Trooper pulled up behind me and called an ambulance. I didn't go to the hospital, though I was really close to going... I called my parents, actually, to have them come and move my car, but after the EMT's checked me over, and they saw that my vitals were alright, I decided not to go. Besides, by that time, the lightheadedness was going away and the chest pains wasn't as bad, so I called my parents back, and decided to go home, where I promptly passed out for about 2 hours.

I was so set on not having any drama... and more imporantly to have all 3 hours of my practice, and then afterwards pray Vespers... I am glad that I am alright, but I am just tired of being so tired and sick all of the time... I'm too tired to post any more right now, so I'll just go to bed right now.

1 comment:

Michelle Roger said...

Oh Ericka I hope you are feeling better now. That is so scary. I don't drive far now about 10 -15 mins max. I have had to pull over many times. Sometimes I've lain down in the back seat until I could drive again. Ugh! I always carry salty chips and water in the car and take them throughout the whole drive (and before I leave). I've also gotten used to clenching and unclenching my muscles as I drive. I also have the aircon on full even in winter. I don't know if you do any of these but they may help a little. Hope you feel better soon. Know that even though it can be really scary and disheartening at times you're not alone with this. :)