20.2.10

Soooooo tired!

I didn't go to church this past Sunday (gasp!! I know) as I was too busy vomiting and dry-heaving all day long... ended up going to the ER for help, and I was so sick that they took me in front of a pregnant woman who was also throwing up (I did explain how bad it was for me being dehydrated with POTS, but still, they talked about taking me ahead before I mentioned the POTS).  After an IV of fluids and meds (Zofran and Phenergan) I went back home, but still was very tired... I was very glad that it had snowed later that evening, since school was canceled due to snow.  I wouldn't have gone anyways, but at least I didn't have yet another absence to add to the fun.

Anyways, it takes me so much more time for me to recover from illnesses than those who are autonomically normal.  Another reason why I am having such a hard time recovering is that I have had severe insomnia at least the three days prior due to severe pain.  Almost every time I roll over in bed or get out of a chair something subluxes or dislocates.  And frankly, IT HURTS!!!  

I'm having to end a relationship right now, too... a few days after my ER visit, I went to my GP for some pain relief, as I've barely even been able to think, much less do anything that's really productive.  She promised a consult with a pain clinic (although I am really hesitant to take that route right now... but everything hurts so much all of the time that I am willing to do anything to relieve it... not take it away, because I don't think that's possible without completely drugging me to the point of not being able to function), and I asked for something to take the edge off.  After saying that prescription ibuprofen and naproxen and Ultram doesn't do anything for the pain, she only wrote a script for a mild muscle relaxer... I'm having joint pain, not muscle pain, and the medicine doesn't do ANYTHING for the pain I have.  I still don't have a consult for a pain clinic, because she either wrote the wrong orders, or just won't do it.  This isn't the first time that I've been farked over by this doctor, so I am ready to change GP.  Yes, it's convenient that she's has a walk-in clinic (don't have to make an appointment) but that isn't worth the lack of care I'm receiving from her.

I'm still in alot of pain, but heat packs and stretching have been somewhat helpful, but the somewhat is like putting a bandaid on a gushing arterial wound.  I'm having trouble concentrating and even functioning.  I'm walking like an old lady, and I'm really close to using my cane again.  *Sigh*  So much more I get to offer up, I guess.  Dear Lord, help me carry this cross!!! 

4 comments:

Michelle Roger said...

So sorry to hear things have been so crappy for you. Some days it just seems like every part of your body does its best to beat the life out of you from every angle. Leaving a doc can be hard but sometimes you just have to do it. In reality we are just one of the hundreds of patients they see so we aren't exactly their priority. It's taken me ages to find the right GP and right cardio, unfortunately I had to go through so many crappy ones to get to them. The pain thing is hard. I have degenerative disc disease in my back, small fibre neuropathy in my hands and feet and since dys, migraines that don't respond to anything. I just keep getting told that the nerve pain is really hard to treat and the migraines wont get better until I can get my dys under control. Fun fun fun. Back in the day when I could work I did a placement in a pain clinic so I am depressing realistic about it ever really going away. Sorry didn't mean to winge about my pain. I really hope you can find an answer to your pain and dys as well. Hang in there you're one strong chick.
Michelle :)

Ericka McCarty said...

No problems about discussing your pain (not whinging at all)... I know for me that talking about it every once in awhile is the only way that I can keep sane!

I guess what's so hard about changing GP's is that I've had this one for almost 11 years. I'm too attached to her, I guess, so it's been that much harder to actually cut ties... until now.

Thanks for the compliment! I certainly don't feel strong, but I guess that I'm probably stronger than I realize... or rather, I have been given enough graces to deal with this. With my illnesses, there is plenty of humility, patience and courage to be learned, and I'd rather learn it and be better for it than be bitter and angry... besides, I'd be sick either way.

Here is to both of our pain being manageable!

Laura said...

ARGH I just wrote out a long comment and then blogger lost it when I pressed post!

So here's a short comment now- I hope things improve for you and good luck finding a new GP- I did the same when I was about 23 and it was the best thing to do. xx

gatorade whore said...

I am in the same boat right now just got in with a new PCP and she is hesitant to write anything and im allergic to all NSAID's tylenol aspirin dilooteed and a few others..and my ortho tried giving me flexril which is the muscle relaxer i think your refering to...it does crap!! at this point i would rather be drugged up beyond comprehesion then keep dealing with it!! keep up the spirits and hopefully things will turn up