24.1.10

Driving in the rain...

On my way back home from church, I came up with several reasons why I hate driving in the rain, especially when it's pouring down heavily. As I'm having some brain fog (still!) I might not get all of them, but I'll give it a shot.
  • I hate having to use the windshield wipers. The back and forth movement kind of hyptnotizes me (not completely... I can still hear a phone ring without barking like a dog).
  • The sound of the rain drops falling everywhere overstimulates me, and it's really difficult (more than usual) to concentrate while driving.... It's like putting someone with ADHD in a glitter shop.
  • My arms get really tired... in good driving conditions, I trade off arms--when one gets tired, then I'll switch it off for the good one. But with all of the water on the road (and my AWD actually skidding a few times.. how shocking!) I felt that I needed both hands on the wheel. My hands are also really tired, since I was gripping the wheel pretty tight.
  • I can't have the heat directly on me, since I have to have the defrost on, or I really can't see because of all of the fog. I'm already cold by the time I've gotten to my car, because chances are, I have been walking through the wet and cold rain.
  • The other drivers!!! Both who go either too slow or too fast.... Don't tailgate me, and if you can't go at least the speed limit, then STAY OUT OF THE PASSING LANE!!!!

That's all for now... I know that I came up with several other good reasons why I hate driving in the rain, but like all of the litter that everyone throws on the ground here, my mind is being washed away.

No comments: