4.3.10

Acupuncture and right-hand drives and internetum...

...is great!  I have had only two sessions so far, and I can say that already it is helping with the chronic pain.  Yesterday when I woke up, it was the first time in a REALLY long time that I did not have pain.  I should have had another session today, but with my car in the shop, and no ride at this time, I couldn't make it today.  I am hopeful that my car will be fixed by Monday afternoon and I'll have my baby back!  I went to Knoxville yesterday in my parents' Jeep (which is a right-hand drive), and let me tell you, the driving was VERY interesting.  After the first mile or so, I was reacclimated to the different position in the car, but it has been such a long time since I've driven a right-hand drive vehicle, it still would freak me out every so often.  The great news, though, is that I was still able to park!

So, I was in Knoxville to hear a talk given by my priest about the 3rd and 4th Commandments.  Somehow, he got off topic slightly, and started using the cast from "Gilligan's Island" to talk about the 7 Deadly Sins, which is GENIUS!  The Skipper is gluttony (a "hormone problem" as Fr. put it), the Professor is pride (since he's smarter than anyone and everyone put together on the island), Mr. Howell is avarice or greed because he loves his money more than anyone else, Mrs. Howell is anger (although somewhat righteous) since her anger is directed towards her husband, Gilligan is sloth since he is somewhat bumbling and isn't very diligent in his work, Ginger is impurity, and Mary Anne is envy as she wishes that people would love her and admire her as much as they do Ginger.  

The priest who gave the talk last night is also the same one who prays the only Latin Mass in 100 or so mile radius.  He often uses both the Latin translation along with the English, so last night when he mentioned the internet, he also said "Internetum", which cracked up everyone in the room.  I first thought he made it up, but after a google search, I found this website which has a list of Latin neologisms.  Very interesting!

No comments: