9.3.10

I'm glowing!!!

I just got out of the testing center, and still no results (probably won't hear them until either this evening or tomorrow sometime).  What a boring test!  Not completely uncomfortable, but well, it wasn't a feather duvet I was lying on.  I was also cold the whole time, all though I still did manage to go to sleep a few times (only to be woken up because I was so cold).  I did try to ask the tech if he could make any unofficial pronouncements of my results, but since he still has to graph them, he couldn't.  At least I didn't have to have an IV stick like the guy in the other room getting a HIDA scan (don't worry, the tech didn't say that's what he was getting... I've had it before so I knew what was going on).  

The last time I had to have an IV, I found out that my left arm in the elbow is pretty much shot.  There are good veins, alright, but an inch or so up, there is this nice clump of scar tissue, so the shut can't go in as far as needed.  At least the nurse didn't try to dig through it!  Oh, I would rather be stuck 5 or 6 times than once with digging involved.  I normally have no problems (getting dizzy or sick) with being stuck except for when they have to search for the vein after I've been stuck.  Actually, the last time the nurse did that to me, I had to throw up afterwards... I was able to hold it in until afterwards, all though looking back, I think I should have vomited on her just so she, the initiator of my vomitus, could have partaken with me.  

No comments: